Thursday, November 1, 2012

Breaking Free

Breaking Free is all about understanding that we should not be held captive to the sins and insecurities of this life and that once we ask Christ into our lives, we are free to live in his presence. He has forgiven us of our sins by his great mercy and grace, so that we can enjoy the benefits God intends for us to have everyday of our lives. Beth Moore (the author of Breaking Free) has a quote about captivity. "A Christian is held captive by anything that hinders the abundant and effective Spirit-filled life God planned for her." Then it refers to the verse, 1 Corinthians 2:29 However as it is written, "What no eye has seen, what no ear has heard, and what no human mind has conceived"- the things God has prepared for those who love him. God has so much he wants to bless us with, yet we have areas of captivity that just hold onto us and hold us back. We just need to surrender to God our whole lives, even in these areas and he will provide in ways that we cannot imagine. I know lately that I have been held captive by the insecurity of focusing on what everyone else is thinking about me. I feel like God has been telling me that instead of obsessing about other people's opinion's about me, I need to keep my focus on him. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Matthew 6:33 God made me who I am, If I seek him first everyday, he will bless me in so many ways. We should surrender to God, the areas we are held captive to.

1 comment:

  1. Biblically sound. The word of God says in John 15:19 19 If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.
    Many times in this life we as Christians will face rejection because of our faith. At times it can pressure us to be someone who appeals to the world and not Christ, but like you stated "seek first the kingdom of God". Break free from the ways of this world.

    ReplyDelete